Tuesday December 6, 2022
Key to every successful online gathering is tech support. We know that while many amazing groups are holding presentations on Zoom - even spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on facilitators and presenters - those gatherings sometimes don’t run smoothly because of tech issues. If this sounds familiar, then this workshop for you!
Facilitators cannot do it alone. If your group or organization is holding online presentations, you’ve probably noticed that everything goes better when there’s someone handling the tech. This workshop prepares staff or volunteers to provide tech support to your facilitators and your audiences. We applaud those who continue to do organizing work online. We want your online gatherings to go well!
Registrants to this workshop should:
- work (volunteer or staff) in groups or organizations that hold online gatherings
- have basic familiarity with Zoom, at least as a participant
- have access to a Pro Zoom account
- be prepared to engage! PeoplesHub workshops are hands-on and highly participatory. We’ve found people learn new skills best when they are present and ready to practice
PeoplesHub offers this workshop after many requests for tech support training from our partners and collaborators. This workshop has room for 20 participants, so register early!
By the end of this training, participants will:
- Know basics of online accessibility practices
- Be practiced in sharing screen, audio, and video
- Have a framework for determining back-end and security settings for Zoom meetings
- Know the difference between Zoom webinars and meetings
- Have a template for preparing for Zoom meetings
- Have access to future tech practice spaces
This program is ideal for...
- Past participants of Power of Online Space and/or Online Connection 101
- Volunteers and staff who currently run tech support for their group’s online meetings and gatherings, but need help building skills
- People who understand that tech support will help their group’s online gatherings run smoother.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.
Choose what to pay, starting at $40.
The true cost of this workshop is $100/person. At PeoplesHub, we are committed to communication access, radical hospitality, supporting facilitators, and making our offerings financially accessible. This sliding scale allows us to continue offering programs like this one and pay trainers, interpreters, captioners, and other support staff a fair wage for their time and expertise.Like you, those who support our trainings work hard for change in their communities and have often developed the knowledge, skill and gifts that they are offering through many unpaid hours — let’s support them to be sustainable in their work and craft!